A little bit of R&R

A little bit more about R&R VA Services........

Home

Thursday 5 November 2009

Networking is fun....no really, it is!!!

I love networking. I really do. I get a buzz out of meeting new people, hopefully interesting people, and talking is what I like to do best and networking events are a ready made opportunity to just that! That's not to say that I don't get nervous when I have to stand up and do my 2 minutes about me and my business, because I do, but the more informal chat that happens before and after these events is where I thrive!

I think too many people view networking as a chore to get new clients or prospects instead of a way to just meet people in your field. If they become your client or are interested in what you offer that's just a bonus in my book. Some events can be expensive so pick ones where the people/businesses you are targeting are likely to be and go to those but remember people tend to want to have made 3 connections with you before they'll commit to do business (must look up where I remember that from!) so take the pressure of yourself. This is just one of those connections.

Also not everyone is going to want to do business with you, so go in the hope of meeting interesting people, people you can learn from, people who make you laugh, people who know the right people and enjoy yourself!! Your positive energy will attract potential clients or at least pique their interest in what you do.

Now where am I off to next?!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home